[IRPCoalition] Fwd: FW: Internet Freedom Conference “The Role and Responsibilities of Internet Intermediaries”, Vienna, 13 October.

IRPCoalition info at irpcharter.org
Mon Oct 30 17:51:07 EET 2017

*/_On behalf of Silvia Grundmann_/*

Dear Committee members, observers and participants,

I would like to thank those of you who participated in the Internet
Freedom Conference “The Role and Responsibilities of Internet
Intermediaries”/, /which was held in Vienna on 13 October.

I am truly grateful for your contribution and involvement, and
appreciate your coming to Vienna for this event, and equally your
following it online.

The lively and rich discussions, among other things - on the question of
delegation of law enforcement authority from public to private actors,
‘self-regulation’ by private actors and the interplay between the two,
certainly contributed to the success of the Conference, together with
the general spirit of openness and trust that the event has seen.

I encourage you to consult the report (coming soon) and video materials
from the conference on its official website
(https://www.coe.int/en/web/freedom-expression/internetfreedom2017)
whenever this may be of help for your work and hope to see you at more
Council of Europe events in the future.