[IRP] Internet & Society Co:llaboratory conducts (German) initiative on "Human Rights and the Internet"

Max Senges maxsenges
Fri Jan 6 19:04:35 EET 2012

Hi folks,

happy 2012! I am happy to share that after two years of almost complete
absence from Internet & Human Rights I have finally found a way to reengage
with this important theme:

The Berlin based multistakeholder think-tank
Co:Lab<http://en.collaboratory.de/>- which I helped setup during the
last two years - will conduct an
initiative bringing together 30 experts from civil society, academia and
the private sector to work together on questions like (a) how to
conceptualize a human rights based internet governance regime (b) how to
transpose human rights to the internet (of course we will root the
discussions on the work of the IRP) and (c) how the internet can be used to
promote human rights (and proscribe human rights abuse).

Unfortunately the initiative will be conducted in german, but whoever
speaks this difficult tongue is very much invited to apply or contact the
project manager Isa (cc'ed).

Fortunately we were able to win Matthias Kettemann, Wolfgang Benedek as
well es Wolfgang Kleinw?chter, Rolf Weber and some other peers from this
community to participate.

We will most certainly keep you posted about how things unfold and
hopefully contribute some interesting results to the IRP at the end.

Best
Max
--
--------------------------------
"The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality."

Dr. Max Senges
Google Policy

Unter den Linden 21
10117 Berlin

mobile: +49 1622122755
office:   + 49 30303986362

www.collaboratory.de
http://www.google.com/profiles/maxsenges

AG Hamburg, HRB 86891

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Gesch?ftsf?hrer: John Herlihy, Graham Law, Lloyd Martin,
Kent Walker

Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind,
leiten Sie diese bitte nicht weiter, informieren den Absender und l?schen
Sie die E-Mail und alle Anh?nge. Vielen Dank.

This email is confidential. If you are not the right addressee please do
not

forward it, please inform the sender, and please erase this e-mail
including

any attachments. Thanks.