[IRP] IRP Chair

shaila mistry shailam
Mon Jan 18 22:05:01 EET 2010

From: Max Senges <maxsenges at gmail.com>
To: Lisa Horner <lisa at global-partners.co.uk>
Cc: irp <Irp at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org>
Sent: Sun, January 17, 2010 10:23:30 AM
Subject: Re: [IRP] procedure of the Steering Committee to choose the new IRPchair
?
Dear all
?
Two days ago the nomination period for candidates to run for the IRP coalition chair has finished. So we have Lisa who accepted the nomination as the only candidate. I believe ten member of the 14 in the steering committee already endorsed her candidacy so I believe we can find consensus around her taking up the role?
?
I suggest: (a) that we define the chair voting procedure better in the our coalition's charter (please excuse the improvised process we had) and (b) please if you have concerns or other comments regarding Lisa taking up the chair send them to the list until this friday, by which date i suggest we proceed to bestowing the position upon her.
?
Best
Max
--
?
"The future is here. It?s just not widely distributed yet."