[IRP] edits in the privacy section

Katitza Rodriguez katitza
Wed Jan 13 22:12:12 EET 2010

Dear Max:

I am confuse reading the Privacy section of the charter. I would like
to suggest that you use the language from the Madrid Privacy
Declaration. Some of this language does not make sense. On the
anonymity front, please, include the need for genuine Privacy
Enhancing Techniques that minimize or eliminate the collection of
personally identifiable information. We need to be sure whether those
methods safeguard privacy and anonymity. Pls. read EPIC: Re-
Identification: Concerning the Re-Identification of Consumer
Information  http://epic.org/privacy/reidentification/

Also, I do not see any mentioned to the international legal framework.
The 1995 Data Protection Directive, 1980 OECD Privacy Guidelines, the
Convention 108 of the Council of Europe. Those instruments places
obligations on those public and private organizations who collect and
process personal information and gives rights to those individual
whose personal information is collected.

Are you re-writing those rights?

My 2 cents,

All the best and Happy New Year,

Katitza