[IRP] edits in the privacy section

Katitza Rodriguez katitza
Thu Jan 14 01:04:19 EET 2010

Dear Lisa, Dear Meryem:

Happy New Year. I want to submit some comments to the Privacy Section.
Cedric Laurant and I submit some comments the other day. While editing
the text, I start asking myself  that the overall Privacy Section
needs some thoughts.

Please, noted that in comparison to other rights of the charter, in
this section we have International Legal Frameworks. ie. The 1995 Data
Protection Directive, 1980 OECD Privacy Guidelines, the Convention 108
of the Council of Europe. Those instruments places obligations on
those public and private organizations who collect and process
personal information and gives RIGHTS to those individual whose
personal information is collected.

The old text, wrote by APC, is based in the EU Directive. The APC text
(not the IRP text) use a common language based on that framework. Is
that the objective? If its yes, we need an editor. It is ok to add
more concrete actions that we want to see in the text but as minimum,
we should mirror the language of the Directive/Convention 108?

Meryem: As you will be working in the charter, can you take on board
my comments? I would appreciate. Maybe Cedric is willing to do so?

all the best,

Katitza
P.D I am happy to reviewed/revised the clean version after those
editions.