[IRP] outside the suez canal room @ 12.30

Rebecca MacKinnon rebecca.mackinnon
Sun Nov 15 12:43:12 EET 2009

Sorry can't make it. Have a longstanding lunch commitment from 1-2pm. How
long will you go?

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Max Senges <maxsenges at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Sorry I misread the schedule. The session on a "open standard rights
> framework" runs till 13.00. So I will be in front of the suez canal room at
> 12.30 and meet and start to discuss with those interested. We can go into
> the room at 13.00.
>
> Best
> Max
>
> 2009/11/14 Max Senges <maxsenges at gmail.com>
>
>> Hi everybody
>>
>> Just a reminder that we will meet tomorrow at 12.30 in Room 3: Suez Canal
>> to coordinate our plans for the IGF, have some deliberations about how we
>> should conduct the steering committee election.... and of course to have
>> lunch and catch up
>>
>> Ok looking forward to meet you
>> Max
>>

>> 2009/11/11 Max Senges <maxsenges at gmail.com>
>>
>>> Hi everybody
>>>
>>> Sometime it can be enlightening to review your very own documents. I just
>>> had a look into our IRP charter and it clarified a number of things:
>>>
>>> a) steering committee members serve a one or two year term, so we'll have
>>> to see who from the current (transition - remember the merger) committee
>>> wants to stay on. Could the current members please indicate whether they
>>> would continue or not?
>>>
>>> b) the chair is elected/selected by the steering committee
>>>
>>> quite a good charter by the way :-)
>>> http://internetrightsandprinciples.org/node/9
>>>
>>> So far the following folks have been nominated:
>>>
>>> Lisa Horner  (accepted nomination)
>>> Robert Brodle
>>> Matthias Ketteman
>>> Marianne Franklin (accepted nomination)
>>> Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond
>>> Anja Kovacs (in her new role at CIS)
>>> Max Senges (wants to see the coalition evolve and will not run for chair)
>>>
>>> Don't be shy nominate yourself or folks you believe will do a good job!
>>>
>>> I would like to add Mr. Lee Hibbart and Thomas Schneider to the nominees
>>>
>>> Best
>>> Max

IMPORTANT: My Hong Kong University e-mail (rmack at hku.hk) will stop working
in January. Please use my gmail instead (see below).

Rebecca MacKinnon
Open Society Fellow | Co-founder, GlobalVoicesOnline.org
Assistant Professor, Journalism & Media Studies Centre, University of Hong
Kong

UK: +44-7759-863406
USA: +1-617-939-3493
HK: +852-6334-8843