[IRP] 09 elections of IRP steering committee and chair

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl
Wed Nov 11 21:56:44 EET 2009

Thank you for the nomination, Max. I am honoured and accept wholeheartedly.
See you in Sharm el Sheikh!
Kind regards,

Olivier

--
Olivier MJ Cr?pin-Leblond, PhD
http://www.gih.com/ocl.html
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Max Senges
  To: irp
  Sent: Sunday, November 08, 2009 6:39 PM
  Subject: [IRP] 09 elections of IRP steering committee and chair

  Hello fellow IRPlers

  As I have raised several times now, our Charter states that we shall elect a new chair and steering committee every IGF, and I would like to start the deliberations about the how / when and who.

  My suggestion would be that we use the time before and during the IGF to identify good candidates and then hold the elections right after. Ideally we would have had a elections just before and a hand-over during the IGF and I apologize for not organizing affairs in that way. Anyway, I think the above process can work really well.

  First of all I want to thank everybody who participated in the steering committee so far. It has been a pleasure working with you and I would recommend all of you as members of the new steering group. So I suggest we consider everybody who is currently on the steering committee as a nominee for next year (I will check in with you individually whether you are still available for the role).

  To kick things off, I looked through our archives and would like to nominate some colleagues who don't have a formal role now, but have contributed substantially to the success of our coalition:

  Lisa Horner
  Robert Brodle
  Matthias Ketteman
  Marianne Franklin
  Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond
  Anja Kovacs (in her new role at CIS)

  This list is really just meant to get us started, please nominate people you think would be good custodians and drivers of our coalition.

  As for me, I will happily keep working in the coalition's steering committee, should I receive sufficient support.

  Looking forward to seeing this election unfold
  Max