[IRP] Fwd: IGF 09 Sharm el Sheik

Max Senges maxsenges
Sun Nov 8 23:03:27 EET 2009

dont know why carlos message was discarded

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Carlos Affonso Pereira de Souza <caffsouza at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Let me add the "Workshop on A2K and Development" (279) that the A2K
Global Academy will present on Nov 17th from 14.30-16.00. Lea Shaver
(Yale), myself (CTS/FGV), Tobias Schoenwetter (South Africa) Nagla
Rizk, Hossam Bahgat, Sherif Kamel and Sherif El Kassas (Egypt) and
Hong Xue (China, if we manage to get remote participation) will speak
on the research we have been conducting on the topic. It would be
great to have some attendance and contributions from IRP DC as well.

Best,
Carlos

2009/11/8 Max Senges <maxsenges at gmail.com>:
> Another one i'll certainly participate in is
>
> Day three
> 11.30-12.30 Workshop 162       Governance of Social Media;;  Room 7: Luxor
> ---
>
> It overlaps with the freedom of expression coalition one :-(
>
> best
> max
>

> On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 6:17 PM, Max Senges <maxsenges at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hey everybody
>>
>> I wanted to check who of us will be in Egypt next week?
>>
>> I will arrive next friday evening and would be happy to team up for
dinner
>> as well as for going diving on saturday (http://www.sinaidivers.com).
>>
>> Here are the core events regarding Internet Rights and Principles (as I
>> see them now. Please add the one's you see as important):
>>
>> First Day Sunday 15th
>> 9.30-11.30   Workshop 314                 Human rights and principles in
>> internet governance: Practical steps forwards
>> 11.30-12.30 Workshop 361                 A rights-based framework -->
this
>> one is organized by pranesh Prakash does someone know him? It would be
great
>> to coordinate
>>
>> Host Country Gala Dinner (20:00-22:00)
>>
>> Second Day - Monday
>> 11.30-12.30 Workshop 245:          Balancing between online freedom of
>> expression and privacy
>>
>> Third Day - Tuesday
>> 11.30-12.30 Dynamic Coalition 75:                 Freedom of Expression
of
>> the Media on the Internet
>>
>> Forth Day - Wednesday
>> *****9.00 - 10.30 Dynamic Colition:    Rights and Principles*****
>>
>> ______ IRP (internal) MEETING
>> We should meet to discuss our organisational matters, to plan our agenda
>> for the IGF  and to make sure we cover all relevant workshops. I suggest
we
>> meet on the first day after the second workshop slot in the room of
Workshop