[IRP] Official Confirmation & Invitation 20th July for Forum in Roma on Internet rights and principles

Max Senges maxsenges
Mon Mar 23 21:16:50 EET 2009

Hello everybody

I am happy to share with you that Mr. Benedetti has just invited for the IRP
Forum/Workshop

Looking forward it
Max

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gianluigi Benedetti <g.benedetti at governo.it>
Date: Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 1:06 PM
Subject: IGF: Forum in Roma on Internet rights and principles

 Dear Coordinator,

At the Hyderabad IGF meeting last December 2008 we expressed the willingness
of the Italian Government to host in Rome, in the framework of the Italian
G8 Presidency, a meeting of the Dynamic Coalitions most involved in the
discussion on the rights and principles of the Internet, as a mid-term
meeting in preparation of the next IGF, which will be held in Sharm El
Sheikh, in November 2009. We have scheduled this event to take place in Rome
on July 20 next.

In order to involve from the beginning the Dynamic Coalitions in the
organization of the event, our idea is to set up a Working Group formed by
one or two representatives from each of the Dynamic Coalitions.  The Working
Group will be split up into 3 Task Forces, one will take charge of the
organization, another will draft a scoping paper, and the third will have to
mobilize the stakeholders of the Dynamic Coalitions to participate in the
event.

We are therefore pleased to invite you and another representative of your
Dynamic Coalition to join the Working Group.

For any further information, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Patrizia
Ciava at the numbers below. I look forward to hearing from you soon in order
to start working together.

Best regards,

Gianluigi Benedetti

PS - FYI our initial project team is composed of:

-          Mr. Claudio Lenoci: Special representative for the IGF of the
Minister for Public Administration  and Innovation

-          Mr. Gianluigi Benedetti: Diplomatic Adviser to the Minister

-          Mr. Stefano Trumpy: Italian representative to the GAC of ICANN

-          Ms. Renata Pavlov: Adviser to the Minister

-          Ms. Orietta Maizza: Head of the International Affairs Office of
the Department for Innovation

-          Ms. Patrizia Ciava: Special Assistant to the Diplomatic Adviser

(Tel: +39-06-6899-7385, e-mail: p.ciava at governo.it)

-          Ms. Simona Bittoni: Administrative Assistant

Min. Plen. Gianluigi Benedetti

Diplomatic Adviser

to the Minister for Public Administration and Innovation

Palazzo Vidoni, Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 116

00186 Roma

Phone +39-06-6899-7535

Mobile +39-329-360-5082

*Addressees:*

Internet Rights and Principles: Max Senges

Child Online Safety: Kathleen Spencer

Access to Knowledge: Lea Shaver

Accessibility and Disability: Andrea Saks; Cynthia Waddell

Gender: Chat Garcia

Privacy: Ralf Bendrath

Open Standards: Thiru Balasubramaniam

Linguistic Diverity: Viola Krebs