IRPC updates and opportunities

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Wed Nov 23 02:47:38 EET 2022

Hi,

I wanted to 1st introduce to IRP-C friends Yusuf Abdul-Qadir, previously with ACLU-New York, and the UN, who will be in Ethiopia with myself and fellow Syracuse University colleagues Prof. Danielle Smith and doctoral student Jane Appiah-Okyere.

And, I wanted to make IRPCers aware of 3 sessions we (Syracuse University & Africa Open Data and Internet Research Foundation, led by Wisdom Donkor and Kwaku Antwi, also cc’d) have organized for IGF, under the Theme 'Connecting all Peoples and Safeguarding Human Rights.’ Timing works for folks to attend IRPC and these sessions too if of interest. And you should stop by our booth/we will stop by IRPC’s too : ).

See some of you in Addis Ababa, and more online.

IGF 2022 Town Hall #33 Understanding digital policy demands of rural and urban poor

Wednesday, 30th November, 2022 (07:45 UTC) - Wednesday, 30th November, 2022 (08:45 UTC)

Room: Large Briefing Room

https://intgovforum.org/en/content/igf-2022-town-hall-33-understanding-digital-policy-demands-of-rural-and-urban-poor

IGF 2022 WS #162 Rural Community Networks, Electricity and Digital inclusion

Thursday, 1st December, 2022 (06:30 UTC) - Thursday, 1st December, 2022 (08:00 UTC)Add to Calendar

Room CR2

https://intgovforum.org/en/content/igf-2022-ws-162-rural-community-networks-electricity-and-digital-inclusion

IGF 2022 Launch / Award Event #83 Africa Rural Community Network Support Programme

Friday, 2nd December, 2022 (06:30 UTC) - Friday, 2nd December, 2022 (07:30 UTC)

Room CR5

https://intgovforum.org/en/content/igf-2022-launch-award-event-83-africa-rural-community-network-support-programme