[IRPCoalition] Nomination: Minda Moreira for co-chair

minda moreira mindamoreira at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 28 18:07:17 EET 2022

Dear all,

Thank you so much for the nomination for one more term, Tapani, and thank you, Michael, Wolfgang, Wisdom, and fellow SC members for the kind words and endorsement.

Apologies, it took me a while to react: I have been busy with some personal matters and away from my email inbox.

In the last Steering Committee meeting, just before the IGF, we looked at the issue of the lack of co-chair nominations and a possible way forward as I have already served the two terms stated in the Coalition’s governance guidelines and in the last two or three years one of the two co-chair positions has been vacant.

It has been a great honour to serve this Coalition as co-chair and I have been very fortunate to have such great support from IRPC members and from a very strong and committed SC during these solo years, but I think it is really important to have two serving co-chairs for strength, support and continuity. I am very grateful for the nomination, Tapani, and while I would gladly accept it as last resort, I think that serving another full term may not solve the issue of a vacant position. However, I would be happy to exceptionally extend this mandate for one more year to support a new co-chair and to ensure that the Coalition’s governance structure is restored. Please let me know if you feel that this suggestion/compromise is feasible and if it could better resolve the issue at hand.

I am also taking this opportunity to thank this year’s election officer for initiating the SC elections process: it is fantastic to see some great nominations coming forward - hopefully, this extension will allow more (self)nominations for both available positions, and I look forward to working with you.

Best and wishing you all a very good weekend ahead,

Minda