[IRPCoalition] Election process

minda moreira mindamoreira at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 14 01:50:33 EET 2019

Dear all,

Apologies for the long silence. Thank you Michael for the nomination to reprise my role as co-chair. I am also very humbled and thankful for the warm support this nomination has received. I was not planning to step forward due to personal commitments, but the very encouraging words made me reconsider my decision, and after careful consideration I am happy to accept the nomination.  I may feel "a bit overstretched” at times, but with the support of this strongly committed, and very active Steering Committee, if successful in the election, I will be honoured to continue working with you all in that capacity. There is still one more day to go until the nomination period is over, and I hope that others will join me as candidates for the incoming co-chair position.

Thank you Atef for highlighting the endorsement issue. I apologise on behalf of the SC about the unwritten rule: I believe we have been acting on precedent, and we will make it clear in future SC election processes. In the meantime, I urge you not to be discouraged, but rather to see this as an opportunity to contribute to the improvements of the Coalition’s governance, to ensure that our procedures are transparent and accessible to all.

Hanane, it has been great working with you! Thank you so much for your great contribution to the IRPC and look forward to working with you in future projects.

Warm regards,
Minda