[IRPCoalition] Environmental sustainability at RightsCon 2020

Michael J. Oghia mike.oghia at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 14:16:45 EET 2019

Hi everyone,

I want to bring this to your attention in case you're not aware. Each year,
Access Now hosts RightsCon <https://www.rightscon.org/> – the world's
leading summit on human rights in the digital age.

RightsCon 2020 will be hosted in *Costa Rica* from *9-12 June*, and they
have invited me to join the programme committee as the co-chair of
the Environmental Sustainability and Human Resilience track.

Given our climate crisis, the lack of consideration to sustainability
within the ICT ecosystem, and the impact that mineral mining, e-waste
dumping, irresponsible production and consumption, and a host of other
related issues have a significant impact on both the environment and human
rights, it's imperative that we ensure this topic is on the agenda and
colesque around it as a community. Especially given that this has become
such an important issue for the IRPC, I want to make sure you know about
this.

If you or anyone you know is interested in submitting a session, proposals
can be submitted via this online form
<https://rightscon.secure-platform.com/> until *14 January 2020*. In case
you have any questions, you can check out the submission guide
<https://www.rightscon.org/your-guide-to-a-successful-proposal/> or contact
me directly.

Please share this call with anyone you think may be interested.

Best,
-Michael Oghia