[IRPCoalition] IRPC Elections 2018-2020 - your participation matters

Marianne Franklin m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk
Fri Feb 2 17:43:53 EET 2018

Dear all

The Election Poll for our two candidates to serve, continue to serve on
the Steering Committee is now open.

I would like to encourage you to take part in this poll, even if the
nominations are uncontested. There is space for you to comment on the
candidates but also on the work so far, and the new project we have
underway - the Charter Resource Guide. Or anything else you might want
to add.

Having your support, and input really helps all those on the SC to
prepare for this coming year, keeps us inspired to continue working in
support of human rights and principles for the internet from the
Charter's perspective but also in support of all the achievements from
others in this domain.

One exciting update already, two actually; The Charter has been
translated into French, and is currently been checked before we can
publish it online and, funds permitting, publish it in our Booklet form.
The Charter booklet is also being translated into Swahili. Thanks to all
those who have undertaken the work in both these projects. More updates
soon.

Thanks for your vote: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BSWWMGR

Warm wishes

Marianne F

On 02/02/2018 15:22, info at irpcharter.org wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> The Election Poll is open:https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BSWWMGRand
> will close on 15 February 2018.
>
> There are two candidates; one for the co-Chair position and one for
> the Steering Committee position. Bio-notes and statements are
> available for viewing before casting your vote. Information on
> continuing SC members is available at
> http://internetrightsandprinciples.org/site/irp-coalition-chairs-steering-committee/.
>

> Your participation counts so thank you in advance.
>
> Best wishes
> IRPC SC

Marianne Franklin, PhD
Professor of Global Media and Politics
Convener: Global Media & Transnational Communications Program
http://www.gold.ac.uk/pg/ma-global-media-transnational-communications/
Goldsmiths University of London
Department of Media & Communications
New Cross, London SE14 6NW
Tel: +44 207 9197072
<m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk>
@GloComm
http://www.gold.ac.uk/media-communications/staff/franklin/
Chair: Global Internet Governance Academic Network (GigaNet)
Co-Chair: Internet Rights & Principles Coalition (IRPC)

Editor: Human Rights and the Internet Series, openDemocracy
https://www.opendemocracy.net/hri