[IRPCoalition] What is happening about net neutrality in EU

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 15:36:14 EEST 2015

Hi!

So, I am looking at various actions about net neutrality in EU:

https://savetheinternet.eu/
https://forthenet.eu/

But I am lacking some real EU-wide mobilization. I have not seen much
"buzz" around which I have seen when similar things were happening in
USA.

I have a feeling that somehow there are too many NGOs and groups
involved and somehow every one just wants for other group to do
something, but we are forgetting that without people those groups will
not be able to do anything?

So am I just too early in panicking? But in the past there was much
more "buzz" much earlier.

Or maybe we just do not have a clear common platform what exactly we
want? I have seen things floating around which are trying to define
that some classes of traffic are OK to be prioritized (health, IoT),
while others not. I have my doubts if this is still net neutrality and
if we all stand behind this.

I am glad that Slovenia has a strong position on net neutrality, but
where are others?

https://twitter.com/mitar_m/status/649536831390879744

Mitar

--