[IRPCoalition] Free Our Charter fundraiser - IGF updates

Burcu Bakioglu bbakiogl at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 14:50:34 EEST 2014

Hi all,
I would like to second Marianne's motion here. We've had generous donations
to get the book out of customs thus far and are in need of only 400TL.

As a side note: The response to the translation of the Charter in our panel
today was amazing. It was a full room with lots of activists and human
rights representatives, lots of engaging questions at the end. The Turkish
community and the panel attendants were really impressed by our work. So we
feel that once the shipment arrives, the organization will make a great
impact if it hadn't done so already.

Great job Marianne and Robert!

BsB

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 6:30 AM, Marianne Franklin <m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Dear all
>
> Thanks to all of you here in Istanbul for the cash donations to help us
> free the Charter Booklets from Customs. We need only 400 Turkish lira and
> can reimburse the wonderful people here in Turkey who have facilitated this
> process for us.
>
> The booklets are about to arrive and we can distribute them in the venue
> and for afterwards.
>
> Our Live Blog is available, Workshop 83 was a productive and useful
> session with a full room; tomorrow we have Workshop 146 on Anonymity by
> Design, Meeting and Workshop on Thursday 4.30pm and 9am on Friday, our
> Pirate Party Movement Turkey panel kicks off.
>
> Live Blog link here: http://internetrightsandprinciples.
> org/site/irpc-live-blog/
>
> best
> MF
>
> --
> Dr Marianne Franklin
> Professor of Global Media and Politics
> Convener: Global Media & Transnational Communications Program
> Goldsmiths (University of London)
> Department of Media & Communications
> New Cross, London SE14 6NW
> Tel: +44 20 7919 7072
> <m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk>
> @GloComm
> https://twitter.com/GloComm
> http://www.gold.ac.uk/media-communications/staff/franklin/
> https://www.gold.ac.uk/pg/ma-global-media-transnational-communications/
> Co-Chair Internet Rights & Principles Coalition (UN IGF)
> www.internetrightsandprinciples.org
> @netrights

Thanks,

Burcu S. Bakioglu, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow in New Media
Lawrence University

http://www.palefirer.com

-- "There is nothing more frightening than a clown after midnight." Lon
Chaney