[IRPCoalition] EC "Internet Policy and Governance" & UK IGF

Andrea Glorioso andrea at digitalpolicy.it
Sat Mar 15 11:13:39 EET 2014

Dear Marianne,

On Mar 13, 2014 12:38 PM, "Marianne Franklin" <m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk>
wrote:

> What I would like to venture, in a personal capacity and as the Net
Mundial meeting draws near, is that whilst generating some sort of
consensus, which will always be qualified, is an aspiration many would
support and wish to see come out of the Sao Paulo meeting we also need to
start getting into details. This means looking at what is happening on the
ground, take all these high-level aspirations into real life situations and
so start taking account of what has already been happening at local and
national levels, in the public sector, and within small and medium sized
enterprises, educational institutions, inter alia and in those areas where
internet access is not a given, nor a guarantee of being able to enjoy life
to the fullest.

I completely agree, and I'd add that in order to do that we must all make
an effort to be clearer on the concepts we use and more pragmatic and
results-oriented in our actions.

Andrea