[IRPCoalition] human rights in ICANN

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 13:45:17 EEST 2014

Hi Marianne,

the report was written by 1 GAC representative and a researcher, it was
discussed within the GAC but not endorsed (and probably won't be endorsed).
regarding the GAC, in several occasions the members pushed for LEA requests
without caring about privacy and data protection. there was no balance
between LEA requests and what data protection authority comments such as
the article 29 working group .
GAC members are also trying to push for regulation without international
law basis or pushing for more narrow national interests.

Best,

Rafik