[IRPCoalition] Drafting a proposal on substantive discourse processes for the Brazil MSM

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Sat Jan 11 15:31:31 EET 2014

Dear all

This posting is in the context of the planned “Global Multistakeholder
Meeting on the Future of Internet Governance” [1] (in São Paulo, Brazil
on April 23rd and 24th 2014), in relation to which there is currently
much debate on some lists around shortcomings in the processes for
populating various committees.
[1] http://brmeeting.br/

More important than the question of who sits on which committee is the
matter of how the processes of substantive discourse are set up.

I have just announced on the IGC [2] mailing list that I will try to
lead a process to create a proposal for the substantive discourse
processes for the Brazil MSM.
[2] http://igcaucus.org/

While I intend to try for this document to reach IGC consensus (hence
the discussion is going to be primarily on the IGC mailing list), I'd
like to invite everyone else (not limited to persons who engage
primarily as “civil society”) to participate in the consensus process
for this proposal. If you're not on the IGC list but interested in
participating, please let me know, and I'll make sure that you're
explicitly Cc'd.

Greetings,
Norbert

P.S. For anyone who is not familiar with who I am: I'm one of the more
active participants in IGC, and I was until recently a co-coordinator.
I've also participated in the development of the IRP Charter, which I
wholeheartedly endorse, and I was until recently an IRP Steering
Committee member.
http://internetrightsandprinciples.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/IRP_booklet_final1.pdf