[IRPCoalition] [bestbits] free flow of information @ Netmundial - Civil Society major issues

Koven Ronald kovenronald at aol.com
Wed Apr 16 12:48:20 EEST 2014

The improper interpretation of data protection is a major potential hindrance to press freedom, That is why the UK Government in particular has stipulated a journalistic exception to European Union data protection. Call it a narrow trade or industrial issue, if you like. But I regard press freedom as a public protection that affects and uunderpins the exercise of all other rights.

Rony Koven