[IRPCoalition] [bestbits] free flow of information @ Netmundial - Civil Society major issues

Lorena Jaume-Palasi lorena at collaboratory.de
Wed Apr 16 14:31:33 EEST 2014

This cuts both ways. Free flow of information may restrain privacy (which
in some cases may be because of good reasons- like in cases of public
interest (people of public interest like politicians, for instance)) and
privacy may also restrain free flow of information. There needs to be a
balance between both rights, not a hierarchy. No human right is among the
others (with the exception of human dignity). So imho strengthenning one
right among others may lead to an imbalance with very bad outcomes. Kind
regards, Lorena