[IRP] Internet & Jurisdiction Project at the IGF 2012

Bertrand de La Chapelle bdelachapelle
Mon Oct 29 23:32:28 EET 2012

Dear all,

As you may know, I have been leading since January 2012 an Internet &
Jurisdiction Project at the International Diplomatic Academy. This
multi-stakeholder dialogue process addresses the growing tension between
the technically cross-border Internet and an international system of
jurisdictions based on national geographic territories.

We will organize in Baku two workshops (see below) on this topic that you
are warmly invited to attend, either physically or remotely. I know the
agenda is full of very good workshops but hope you'll find the topic and
panelists interesting. You'll also find below more information about the
project if you are interested. Looking forward to seeing you soon in Baku.

Best

Bertrand

PS: Apologies for cross-posting with the governance mailing list.

  <http://www.internetjurisdiction.net> Internet & Jurisdiction at the IGF
2012 in Baku

The Internet & Jurisdiction Project is hosting two workshops at this year's
Internet Governance Forum that takes place from 6-9 November, 2012 in Baku,
Azerbaijan.

Remote participation and livestreams will be available at
http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/remote-participation. You can also meet us
at our booth in the IGF Village!

What is the Geography of Cyberspace?

What Frameworks for Cross-Border Online Communities and Services *November
9 / 11:00am - 12:30pm AZT / Conference Room #2*

 [image: What is the Geography of Cyberspace?
Flyer]<http://www.internetjurisdiction.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Internet-Jurisdiction-IGF-2012-Workshop-Geography.pdf>
 Download<http://www.internetjurisdiction.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Internet-Jurisdiction-IGF-2012-Workshop-Geography.pdf>

*Pannelists:*

Vint Cerf, Internet Co-Founder and VP & Chief Internet Evangelist at Google

Wolfgang Kleinw?chter, University of Aarhus and HIIG

Erika Mann, Public Policy at Facebook and ICANN Board Member

Marietje Schaake, Member of the European Parliament

V.C. Vivekanandan, Director of the GIGA Institute Hyderabad

*November 8, 2012 / 4:30pm - 6:00pm AZT / Conference Room #2*

 <http://www.internetjurisdiction.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Internet-Jurisdiction-IGF-2012-Workshop-Frameworks.pdf>
 Download<http://www.internetjurisdiction.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Internet-Jurisdiction-IGF-2012-Workshop-Frameworks.pdf>

*Pannelists:*

Fiona Alexander, NTIA US Department of Commerce

Constance Bommelaer, Public Policy Director at ISOC

Brian Cute, CEO of PIR (Manager of .org)

Lee Hibbard, Council of Europe

Marilia Maciel, CTS Getulio Vargas Foundation
Patrick Ryan, Policy Council at Google   Have a look at our new
brochure<http://www.internetjurisdiction.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Internet-Jurisdiction-Brochure.pdf>
 for more information!           [image: Internet & Jurisdiction
Brochure]<http://www.internetjurisdiction.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Internet-Jurisdiction-Brochure.pdf>

[image: Twitter] <https://twitter.com/#!/IJurisdiction>

[image: Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/InternetJurisdiction>

[image: Google+] <https://plus.google.com/u/0/115323902836966987291/posts>

[image: LinkedIn]<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=4356227&trk=anet_ug_grppro>

<info at internetjurisdiction.net?subject=Retrospect>

Internet & Jurisdiction facilitates a global multi-stakeholder dialogue
process to explore the tension between a technically borderless Internet
and geographically defined national jurisdictions. The project is organized
in partnership with the International Diplomatic Academy.

Visit our website: www.internetjurisdiction.net

Project Director: Bertrand de La
Chapelle<bdelachapelle at internetjurisdiction.net>

Project Manager: Paul Fehlinger <fehlinger at internetjurisdiction.net>

--
Bertrand de La Chapelle

"Le plus beau m?tier des hommes, c'est d'unir les hommes" Antoine de Saint
Exup?ry
("there is no greater mission for humans than uniting humans")