[IRP] Hey ITU Member States: No More Secrecy, Release the Treaty Proposals

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa
Sat May 19 15:52:48 EEST 2012

I have always wondered why these statements are issued without talking
with the governments and getting buy in from them. ITU is made up of
first member states and then multi-sectoral partners. The governments
will sit in there and do everything.

On the EU front, I have seen EC, EU, CoE and EU member states making
statements about multisktakeholderism and keeping the Internet open
and inclusive but why can't the stakeholders mentioned in this
document have a direct dialogue with the EU states and ask them to
intervene in ITU on the issue? They are all a party and signatory to
ITRs?

Secondly, most of the CS stakeholder organizations mentioned in the
letter are US based and I am once again amused that they have been
unable to convince the US govt to help intervene on this matter?
Shouldn't they go to the source, .i.e. the governments and then
intervene in the organization where all these accumulate?

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 1:04 PM, Katitza Rodriguez <katitza at eff.org> wrote:
> FYI:
>
> Hey ITU Member States: No More Secrecy, Release the Treaty proposals
> https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2012/05/hey-itu-member-states-no-more-secrecy-release-wcit-documents-0

Regards.