[IRP] Volunteers? IRP "Flash Session" at Eurodig

Dixie Hawtin Dixie
Thu May 10 11:55:41 EEST 2012

Dear all,

Continuing in the vein of Eurodig - we have just received an email from the organisers who wanted to know if anyone would like to organise a "flash session" on the Charter, the 10 IRPs and the Coalition:

"FYI, flash sessions are a new format and novelty in the EuroDIG programing and were considered as a valid option by the core team to include as many proposals as possible. Compared to other session formats (plenaries and workshops), they are less complex in planning and organization and much shorter than other sessions (30 minutes only). They offer a good opportunity to present case studies, survey or brief research results or the like and can concentrate on a particular IG-related aspect. According to their particularity, flash sessions do not necessarily need to respect the EuroDIG session principles http://www.eurodig.org/eurodig-2012/information/session-principles
regarding balance of stakeholders, composition of panelists or inter-action but should provide some space for discussions as well.

As you can see on the program outline on our Website http://www.eurodig.org/eurodig-2012/programme
there are 11 such Flashes in planning but we don't know whether all of them will be confirmed by the focal points / organizers?

Therefore, there may still be a space for the IRP Coalition to make your mission and important work known! But we would need a confirmation from your side by the end of week / beginning of next week when we would like to publish a consolidated program version."

If anyone is attending Eurodig and would like to organise a flash session please let me know by Monday so that we can tell the organisers! This could be a good occasion to start the discussion reviewing what has been achieved and what still needs to be done which we plan to have at the IGF in Azerbaijan.

All the best,
Dixie