[IRP] FW: [IDRC] testy testy test

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh
Fri Feb 10 15:59:29 EET 2012

Yeah I had thought of suggesting this group all just subscribe to irp instead of creating a new list, especially not one that sounds so...Canadian ; )

Can our irp coordinators extend such an invite to the accessnow et al crowd?

OK by folks?

Lee
________________________________
From: irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org [irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org] on behalf of michael gurstein [gurstein at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2012 8:55 AM
To: 'irp'
Subject: [IRP] FW: [IDRC] testy testy test

I must say that I'm somewhat confused here... maybe I've missed something... Is the new "IDRC" list meant to replace the IRP list?

If so, no problem but I must say that the acronym "IDRC"  is quite unfortunate if not something of a major problem...

Whether unconscious or conscious I'm not sure, but either way the acronym  "IDRC" is much more generally identified with the (Canadian) International Development Research Centre which pretty anyone who knows anything in the area of international development will immediately recognize and will, as was I, be thoroughly confused and disconcerted... (the folks at the IDRC who provide funding in Digital Rights areas among many others might be rather upset as well about the possible confusion.
Best,

Mike