[IRPCoalition] RES: IRP Coalition-Steering Committee (1)

Vanda UOL vanda at uol.com.br
Tue Dec 4 20:15:33 EET 2012

Marianne, all

I am sure your work as coChair is greatly appreciate and you shall continue.

I believe now the relevant issue running is the WCIT in Dubai and though I
am not there I am following as I can the speeches and  getting some
feedbacks from colleagues about what is going on. Till now, things are
running smoothly as it gets, but my expectation is to have more complexity
as the event goes on. Brazilian position for instance  is not consistent
with the Marco Civil nor the reality we live here with the .br steering
committee showing the multistakeholder model since it was an steering
committee of a simple project back in the end of 90’s and always defending
neutrality of the net.  Brazilian position the Minister, chief of our
delegation,  is taking to Dubai is not aligned with Internet neutrality and
more, brings a distorted concept about neutrality. Hope that Brazilian
position will not prevail, but it is relevant to have all effort to
guarantee this will happen.

 Let´s wait for the development of the event.

All the best,

Vanda Scartezini

Polo Consultores Associados

IT Trend