[IRPCoalition] IRP Coalition-Steering Committee (1)

Marianne Franklin m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk
Tue Dec 4 12:06:49 EET 2012

Dear all

The Coalition needs to refresh its Steering Committee. At the Baku IGF a
number of people let us know that they are interested in serving on the
Steering Committee and some others currently on the committee indicated
they were willing to continue for another term (1-2 years).

Before we send around the list of candidates, could all those from the
current Steering Committee let Matthias and I know whether you want to
stand again or wish to step down.

If we could hear from you in the next couple of days that would be good.

The plan is for all those wanting to stand to send through a brief
statement about why you want to stand (and I mean brief; 200 words only
+ links to relevant work if you want). There are four stakeholder
categories so please indicate which one you are standing in;
governmental, private sector, civil society, academic. FYI, being on the
committee consists of taking part in occasional conference calls,
working-group emails around specific topics or projects, and being on
hand to help the co-Chairs based on your respective expertise and
enthusiasm.

Once the list of names and 'blurbs' is compiled we can send it around
for voting and/or endorsement from the coalition. More on those details
shortly.

To get the ball rolling; as I am now co-Chair I hereby stand down as a
Steering Committee member.

Looking forward to hearing back from current committee members so we can
things started.
MF

Dr Marianne Franklin
Reader
Convener: Global Media & Transnational Communications Program
Goldsmiths, University of London
Dept. of Media & Communications
New Cross, London SE14 6NW
Tel: +44 20 7919 7072