[IRP] APC statement to denounce attacks on anonymous online speech by US gov

Allon Bar ab3137
Tue Apr 24 19:55:40 EEST 2012

Dear Anriette (and all),

Is it indeed your view that the FBI seized the server for the reason
that these three organizations were supporting anonymous Internet use?
If not: perhaps the wording can be focused on the outcome of anonymous
Internet usage coming under serious threat, rather than the objective of
the seizure being to threaten Internet anonymity (but of course that is
my personal view, I don't mean to interfere with your organization's
statements!).

I too believe that 'politically-progressive', even in this body text,
risks making this denouncement focused on a political subsection (and as
a consequence put users in that box as well), whereas the concern is one
that should be shared with all. Unless you believe the organizations'
progressive political stance was the reason for the FBI's interference.

Thanks for providing space to discuss the statement,

Allon