[IRP] APC statement to denounce attacks on anonymous online speech by US gov

Dixie Hawtin Dixie
Tue Apr 24 19:50:52 EEST 2012

The use of progressive within the statement seems to be showing support for the decision by those ISPs to support anonymous internet use (rather than support for the human rights groups signing the statement!). I am happy with it. Norbert? Lee? Tapani? Everyone else?

-----Original Message-----
From: irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org [mailto:irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org] On Behalf Of Anriette Esterhuysen
Sent: 24 April 2012 17:32
To: irp at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org; mallory Knodel
Subject: Re: [IRP] APC statement to denounce attacks on anonymous online speech by US gov

Hi all

It is on our website with this heading.. but should not be a problem to change the heading.

But are you OK with this text in the body of the statement?

"This week, three politically-progressive internet service providers and hundreds of their users were attacked by the US Federal Bureau of Investigation for supporting the use of the internet by anonymous users."

Anriette

anriette esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
executive director, association for progressive communications www.apc.org po box 29755, melville 2109 south africa tel/fax +27 11 726 1692 _______________________________________________
IRP mailing list