[IRP] Nature of Charter - Conference Call

Lisa Horner LisaH
Thu Nov 25 19:28:33 EET 2010

Thanks for this Dixie, and to everyone who's been involved in discussing these issues.  It does feel like we've made progress in clarifying our objectives and approach through all of our discussions since the IGF.  Really important I think.

I know there's a lot to engage with here in a short space of time, but I hope everyone still feels included and enthusiastic about the whole process.  As always, please do comment, suggest changes, ask questions... whilst we're starting to crystalise our thinking as a coaliyion, I think all of the discussions will continue to roll so people should feel free to contribute when they can.  We'll be moving on to our next conversation around how we frame access within the Charter early next week, but that doesn't mean we can't continue to discuss these topics.

The punchy working group is finalizing its draft of 10 principles, so we should receive a draft from Brett to comment on fairly soon.  As a reminder, that's intended to be a set of principles which capture the essence of the Charter, that we can use to mobilize people and to campaign with whilst we continue with our in-depth thinking and consultations on the Charter.

Lots going on....great!

All the best,
Lisa