[IRP] Monthly conference call

Lisa Horner LisaH
Mon Mar 29 14:46:09 EEST 2010

Thanks Marianne.  It would be great if as many people as possible could join the call, especially from the steering committee.

My contributions to the agenda:

Charter
- I spoke to the expert group RE the Charter last week.  They are beginning their work.  They are starting by refining the structure, focusing on the key relevant rights.  They will be dividing the rights up between the group to work on, and are setting up a platform to facilitate their work.  Rikke will be going on maternity leave in the next few weeks, and so her ability to contribute will be limited.  - The May 9th meeting in Geneva is still going ahead.  I propose that we meet from around 12-6, spending around 4 hours on the consultation on the Charter, and 2 hours on other coalition business.  Would be good to hear any ideas about subject matter/format of the meeting from the rest of the coalition, and about options for remote participation.  Also - who is planning to come/hook in remotely?

IGF Workshops
- A small group of us is discussing putting together a proposal on intermediary liability from a human rights perspective. Let me know if you want to participate.
- Do we want to submit a proposal on a workshop on users' rights to launch the charter?  If so, please could someone volunteer to take the lead with this?.  The other option would be to launch it in the coalition meeting.

All the best,
Lisa

-----Original Message-----
From: M I Franklin [mailto:cos02mf at gold.ac.uk]
Sent: 26 March 2010 12:02
To: Lisa Horner; irp
Subject: Re: [IRP] Monthly conference call

Hi

I would be happy to chair in Lisa's absence, if that's Ok with everyone.

So, assuming it is ..;-); has anyone got any points for the agenda? So far
I see:

1) Update on Charter
2) IGF Website - Mission Statement
3) Workshop ideas and/or conveners for the IGF
4) AOB

ciao
Marianne F

--On Thursday, March 25, 2010 9:42 +0000 Lisa Horner
<LisaH at global-partners.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all
>

> We're due to have our monthly conference call next Thursday 1st April.
> Unfortunately I won't be able to make it.  Could someone else offer to
> chair please?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Lisa

> Lisa Horner
>
> Head of Research & Policy  Global Partners and Associates
>
> 338 City Road, London, EC1V 2PY, UK
>
> Office: + 44 207 239 8251     Mobile: +44 7867 795859
>
> LisaH at global-partners.co.uk  www.global-partners.co.uk

Dr Marianne Franklin
Reader
Convener of the Transnational Communications & Global Media Program
Media & Communications
Goldsmiths, University of London
New Cross
London SE14 6NW