[IRP] IRP Statement to Open Consultation for IGF 2010

Lisa Horner lisa
Thu Jan 14 19:07:16 EET 2010

Hi

I agree that we need to take care not to imply that we don?t think that issues of openness and diversity are important, but rather that we need to drill down more deeply to address specific issues within them, preferably using human rights framing.  We could maybe do this by bringing 1d and 1e together, and changing the beginning of the sentence for 1e to something like, ?Whilst openness and diversity are important issues, we think this year is the moment to broach more specific questions or policy dilemmas within these broad themes?.

Marianne, in response to your earlier question, I think we have until the end of tomorrow to send it, but I don?t think it matters which time zone we take that to mean!  Let?s go for the US to give us more time!  We send it to igf at unog.ch.

Thanks,

Lisa