[IRP] Freedom House - Feb 2010 Human Rights Summit

Robert Guerra guerra
Tue Jan 12 16:37:11 EET 2010

Address where the event will be streamed -

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/freedom-house

Address where the event will be archived after the fact -

http://blip.tv/internetfreedom
From: Rebecca MacKinnon [rebecca.mackinnon at gmail.com]
Sent: January 12, 2010 9:34 AM
To: Robert Guerra
Cc: Max Senges; Elfa.Gylfadottir; Elizabeth Floyd; Andrea Beccalli; Shaila Mistry; HIBBARD Lee; Graciela Selaimen; irp at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org; Carlos, Affonso Pereira de Souza; malte.spitz; Biel Company Perez; johan.hallenborg
Subject: Re: [IRP] Freedom House - Feb 2010 Human Rights Summit

Hi there. Any details about virtual participation? Not seeing any info on the FH website.
Best,

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Robert Guerra <guerra at freedomhouse.org<mailto:guerra at freedomhouse.org>> wrote:
Dear IRP colleagues,

I would like to share with all of you news of an upcoming event that Freedom House will be organizing next month. I will briefly mention the event at the end of today's call. Further details are below as well as in the attached blurb.

I am working with my colleague Elizabeth Floyd to have the event include virtual participation as well as have one of the working groups focus on Internet Rights & Internet Freedom.

regards

Robert
--

R. Guerra
Project Director, Internet Freedom, Freedom House

Freedom House, the Center for American Progress, and Human Rights First will convene the 2010 Washington Human Rights Summit: Affirming Fundamental Freedoms, in February 2010 in Washington DC. The event will bring together the world?s leading human rights and democracy activists along with political leaders, scholars, and journalists.  Participants will examine challenges to the promotion of rights and freedoms in different parts of the world and set out a forward-looking vision for U.S. foreign policy, multilateral institutions and the international community for the years ahead. For additional information please contact Paula Schriefer <schriefer at freedomhouse.org<mailto:schriefer at freedomhouse.org><mailto:schriefer at freedomhouse.org<mailto:schriefer at freedomhouse.org>>> and Elizabeth Floyd  <floyd at freedomhouse.org<mailto:floyd at freedomhouse.org><mailto:floyd at freedomhouse.org<mailto:floyd at freedomhouse.org>>>

Elizabeth A. Floyd | 2010 Human Rights Summit Coordinator| Democracy Web<http://www.democracyweb.org/> Project Director| Freedom House<http://www.freedomhouse.org/> | 1301 Connecticut Ave NW Washington DC 20036 |  Tel: 202.747.7008 | Fax: 202.293.2840

Supporting the right of every individual to be free.
Donate now<http://www.freedomhouse.org/donate>