[IRP] charter discussion: free movement online // new URL

Max Senges maxsenges
Sat Jan 9 15:25:25 EET 2010

Hi folks

I want to reopen the discussion of the charter with a couple of items
(seperate mails for easier threading):

Some months ago I proposed to interpret and transpose article 13 to prohibit
national or regional restrictions for users to access public content
anywhere in the world. I still like the notion and after some reflections i
now added "publicly available content _and services_" because I it seems
important the people can not only access but also participate/create using
services:

*Article 13 - Freedom of movement*

(1) Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the
borders of each state.

(2) Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to
return to his country.

Freedom of movement on the internet: users should be able to access publicly
available content, irrespective of their geographical location.

please also note that the URL of the first section had to be changed due to
a technical glitch:

Section I  https://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ajcs86p9dx2s_488rpfcbcc

Section II
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AeybA8_Lt-gwYWpjczg2cDlkeDJzXzI5ZnJ0dnR0YzM&hl

looking forward to read your opinion
max

--

"The future is here. It?s just not widely distributed yet."
?William Gibson

Max Senges
Berlin

www.maxsenges.com