[IRP] IGF Open Consultation and MAG Meeting Interventions

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa
Thu Jan 7 03:08:49 EET 2010

Dear Friends,

As you are all aware about the IGF Open Consultation and MAG meetings
in February 2010, I would like to request those people that cannot
participate but would like to be heard to forward their interventions
so that we can read and extend them on the floor during the Open
Consultation. I further request statements to be brief, concise and to
the point as the floor has to be passed on to the wide participation
during the consultation.

As for the MAG, we have a strong Civil Society MAG group including
myself. The MAG is responsible for suggesting the design/organization
of the IGF2010. IF you have concerns regarding the programming of the
IGF2010, you can forward your statements for intervention to me so
that they can be shared amongst our other team members. Once again,
the requirement for being brief, concise and to the point applies here
as well!

Ideas for interventions can involve statements such as but not limited to:

1. Issues surfaced during the IGF2009 in Sharam.
2. Developing Country Participation/Inclusion Issues.
3. Main Program / Main Theme Issues for IGF2010.
4. Human Rights Issues/Rights on the Internet Issues.
5. Development Agenda for Internet Governance Issues.
6. Youth and Gender Participation Issues.

For your convenience and live correspondence, I will be available on
Skype (ID:fouadbajwa , kindly don't forget to introduce yourself
please while adding me) throughout the three days of meetings (1 day
open consultation + 2 days MAG meetings).

I look forward to assisting your interventions.

--
Regards.