[IRP] IRP Charter Draft meeting 10-15-09

Emily Laidlaw emily
Mon Oct 19 11:16:27 EEST 2009

It sounds as though Friday's conference call was very productive. I
think it is a very good idea to move forward working on both sections.

Thanks Robert for writing up minutes of the meetings.

Just one clarification on proportionality from the meeting on
Thursday. I am not advocating we use the language of the ECHR on this.
 Rather, when we were discussing incorporation of proportionality into
section I language, I mentioned that there is a lot of commonality of
language on proportionality in various human rights acts and
constitutions, at least in western nations, such as between the ECHR
and the Canadian Charter.  For now, in my edit on i.e. article 20 I
just casually noted that proportionality shall be incorporated there.
As we clean up the language for the IGF we can perhaps work on the
language of proportionality we want to use for all of the sections.

Cheers,

Emily