[IRP] Max' #NewLife in Berlin working in Google’s Policy Team

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh
Thu Oct 8 16:58:49 EEST 2009

Max,

Congrats, should be more than interesting!

I agree IRP elections at IGF need to be prepped, candidates please step forward.

Lee
From: irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org [irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org] On Behalf Of Max Senges [maxsenges at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2009 5:43 AM
To: irp
Subject: [IRP] Max' #NewLife in Berlin working in Google?s Policy Team

Hello IRPlers

As many of you know, I have recently accepted a position in Google's policy team. As this job is directly related to our work in the IRP community, I wrote a blog-post explaining my scope of work and motivations:

http://maximiliansenges.blogspot.com/2009/10/newlife-in-berlin-working-in-googles.html

The key paragraph regarding IRP is:

"my managers endorsed that I continue my work with the multi-stakeholder coalition on Internet Rights and Principles<http://www.internetrightsandprinciples.org/> as my 20% project! [...]
However I want to use this opportunity to state that I believe it is time for the IRP coalition to elect a new chair during this years IGF (as stated in our charter). I will be happy to actively participate and continue in the steering committee (if I will be elected)."

I am looking forward to contribute to our Charter drafting and a successful IGF 09!

Max