[IRP] NOMINATIONS: 09 elections of IRP steering committee

Bodle, Robert Robert_Bodle
Wed Nov 11 17:45:11 EET 2009

Thank you for the nomination Max, it is my pleasure to accept.

Sincerely,
Robert Bodle
--

http://twitter.com/netrights
http://www.facebook.com/internetrightsandprinciples
From: irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org [irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org] On Behalf Of Max Senges [maxsenges at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 5:42 AM
To: irp
Cc: Marco Pancini; HIBBARD Lee; Robert Guerra; Carlos Affonso Pereira de Souza; Graciela Selaimen
Subject: [IRP] NOMINATIONS: 09 elections of IRP steering committee

Hi everybody

Sometime it can be enlightening to review your very own documents. I just had a look into our IRP charter and it clarified a number of things:

a) steering committee members serve a one or two year term, so we'll have to see who from the current (transition - remember the merger) committee wants to stay on. Could the current members please indicate whether they would continue or not?

b) the chair is elected/selected by the steering committee

quite a good charter by the way :-) http://internetrightsandprinciples.org/node/9

So far the following folks have been nominated:

Lisa Horner  (accepted nomination)
Robert Brodle
Matthias Ketteman
Marianne Franklin (accepted nomination)
Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond
Anja Kovacs (in her new role at CIS)
Max Senges (wants to see the coalition evolve and will not run for chair)

Don't be shy nominate yourself or folks you believe will do a good job!

I would like to add Mr. Lee Hibbart and Thomas Schneider to the nominees

Best
Max