[IRPCoalition] 📣 The results are in! IRPC STEERING COMMITTEE AND CO-CHAIR ELECTIONS 2024

info at irpcharter.org info at irpcharter.org
Tue Mar 5 16:44:54 EET 2024

Dear all,

The IRPC SC and co-chair election results are in! Thank you so much for waiting!
We also took took note of your important comments, feedback and messages of support: the new Steering Committee will have the opportunity to look into them more closely and include them in the coalition's work.

This year we sent out 478 ballots and received 64 responses  (two incomplete). This is around 13% of our membership and just above the 10% threshold for participation. All candidates have been endorsed as follows:

Question: Do you endorse Dennis Redeker's candidature for Co-Chair (2024-2026)?
Answer
Count
Percentage
YES (A1)
55
85.94%
NO (A2)
2
3.13%
ABSTAIN (A3)
5
7.81%
No answer
0
0.00%
Not completed or Not displayed
2
3.13%

Question: Do you endorse Tanka Aryal’s candidature for Steering Committee Member (2024-2026)?
Answer
Count
Percentage
YES (A1)
49
76.56%
NO (A2)
6
9.38%
ABSTAIN (A3)
7
10.94%
No answer
0
0.00%
Not completed or Not displayed
2
3.13%

Question:  Do you endorse Purnima Tiwari's candidature for Steering Committee Member (2024-2026)?
Answer
Count
Percentage
YES (A1)
48
75.00%
NO (A2)
7
10.94%
ABSTAIN (A3)
7
10.94%
No answer
0
0.00%
Not completed or Not displayed
2
3.13%

Congratulations to our new Steering Committee members Tanka and Purnima and to our new co-chair Dennis!

The new Steering Committee:
Christiana Longe, Civil Society, Nigeria (2023-2025)
Jacob Odame-Baiden, Civil Society, Ghana (extended term) (2023-2025)
Minda Moreira, Civil Society, Portugal (2023-2025)
Purnima Tiwari, Civil Society, India  (2024-2026)
Raashi Saxena, Civil Society, India (outgoing co-chair) (2024-2026)
Richard Kafui Amanfu, Technical community, Ghana (2023-2025)
Tanka Aryal, Civil Society, Nepal (2024-2026)

Co-chairs
Dennis Redeker, Academia, Germany (2024-2026)
Santosh Sigdel, Civil Society, Nepal (2023-2025)

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Raashi, our outgoing co-chair, for her great work and support in the last two years.
Also a very special thank you to IRPC members Marianne and Tapani for their unwavering support to this coalition. Marianne has been coordinating the Charter translations and the publication of the Charter booklets and the 10 Principles flyer.  Tapani has been always happy to support us with all technical issues and queries and has been instrumental to the smooth running of the election process.

Thank you  again for submitting your comments and for the kind words of support!  For those who would like to be more involved in the coordination of the IRPC work please feel free to use this list as a space to share your ideas and input. We look forward to receiving your nominations to the IRPC Steering Committee next year :-)

Very best wishes,
Minda
IRPC SC Elections Officer 2024