[IRPCoalition] IRPC Steering Committee and Co-Chair Elections 2022
info at irpcharter.org
info at irpcharter.org
Fri Jan 14 19:10:36 EET 2022
IRPC STEERING COMMITTEE ELECTIONS: PROCESS
This email is an announcement regarding the upcoming Internet Rights and
Principles Coalition (IRPC) Elections.
Nominations: 12 - 26 January 2022
Elections: 27 January 2022 - 10 February 2022
For 2022-24 we have positions for two incoming co-chairs and one
steering committee member.
Below you will find the nomination and election procedure, which
includes ideal criteria (roles and responsibilities, areas of interest
and expertise) for each position.
(Self) nominations for any of these positions are open until 26 January
2022. All nominations require a seconder and a brief statement of
The voting will be open from 27 January 2022 - 10 February 2022.
Procedure and Guidelines for Nominees:
* Invite (self) nominations for Co-Chairs and Steering Committee
Members. Each candidate provides a short profile statement to include a
short bio as pertains to their intended role in the Coalition, as well
as a short statement of how they will work towards the Coalition's
continued success and development.
* Set up a election poll and hold elections - or a poll to endorse
current and incoming officers if nominations not contested - for
incoming Co-Chair and Steering Committee Member/s.
* Both Co-Chairs and Steering Committee Members to be
(self)-nominated, a seconder is required.
* Ongoing Steering Committee members including Co-Chairs, cannot
nominate or second.
* IRPC Co-Chairs serve for two years.
* Steering Committee Members (total of 9) are elected for two years
with a nominal maximum of two terms (4 years). After two terms, an SC
member either steps down or stands for a renewed two-year term. This
criterion applies to the outgoing Co-Chair position-holder on completion
of the succeeding two-year term.
* Steering Committee Members and Co-Chair positions are elected
* The IRPC aims to represent stakeholders of diverse and historically
underrepresented backgrounds, as well as seeks gender and geographical
* Experience with the IGF and/or related internet governance
consultations and meetings and the IRP Coalition for at least one year.
* Can demonstrate an understanding and commitment to the IRP
Coalition's Aims (see:
* Preferably, demonstrate knowledge of the procedures of the Internet
* Knowledge of the IRPC's work and output since 2008 and provide
insights into how they envisage taking the IRP Charter forward based on
achievements to date.
* Can provide a vision for how the IRP Coalition can contribute to the
future of the IGF and advance the IRPC Charter work within the IGF and
* Able to consolidate ongoing collaborations with partners from all
sectors and forge new ones.
Steering Committee Member
* Experience with the IRPC for at least one year.
* Demonstrate experience and knowledge of IG related themes, human
rights and IG Principles in particular.
* Adherence to the Coalition's Aims (see:
* Preferably, some knowledge and understanding of the procedures of
the Internet Governance Forum.
* Demonstrate a commitment to the aims and objectives of the IRPC
Charter of Human Rights and Principles of the Internet
* Indicate what roles and responsibilities they can carry as an SC
* Able and willing to respond to SC emails and meeting calls in a
Timeline and polling:
* Nominations for new officers will be open for two weeks starting
today, xx January
* Elections will be open for two weeks starting xx January.
IRPC list members will (i) vote or endorse (if uncontested) nominees
using an anonymized online polling tool.
In case you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the IRP