[IRPCoalition] The IRPC at EuroDIG 2021: IRPC Meeting (Mon 28 Jun) and Focal Session 1 (Tue 29 Jun)

info at irpcharter.org info at irpcharter.org
Fri Jun 25 16:04:11 EEST 2021

Dear all,

We are officially in final countdown to EuroDIG 2021 <https://www.eurodig.org/>  which is happening fully online for the second year.
We hope that many of you have already registered and will be attending. If you are planning to register, you can still do it by following this link <https://www.eurodig.org/get-involved/register-for-eurodig-2021/>: https://www.eurodig.org/get-involved/register-for-eurodig-2021 <https://www.eurodig.org/get-involved/register-for-eurodig-2021>

We are very excited with this year’s EuroDIG as we will be hosting the first official IRPC meeting at EuroDIG: Translation as Action – the IRPC Charter @ 10: Launching the Italian Booklet Edition <https://eurodigwiki.org/wiki/Translation_as_Action_%E2%80%93_the_IRPC_Charter_@_10:_Launching_the_Italian_Booklet_Edition_%E2%80%93_Pre_11_2021> on Monday 28 June, 11.45 - 12.45 CEST, as we mark the beginning of  the celebrations of the 10th anniversary of the Charter of Human Rights and Principles for the Internet.
This session will highlight the crucial  work of the translation teams over the years on the outreach efforts of this Coalition, by focusing on the translation of the Italian version of the IRPC Charter, hot from the press! I will share the link later.

We will be joined by our great Italian translation team: Edoardo Celeste, Claudia Padovani, Mauro Santaniello and students from the Universities of Padova and Salerno who will be sharing us important insights into the translation work, collaborations (Digital Constitutionalism Network), lessons learned and other unexpected outcomes. Please join us if you can, and feel free share your thoughts and your own experiences as IRPC member and IRPC Charter translator!

Another great session coordinated by IRPC Steering Committee members and not to be missed is Focus Session 1: <https://eurodigwiki.org/wiki/Greening_Internet_Governance,_Part_II_%E2%80%93_Enabling_an_Environmentally_Sustainable_Digital_Transformation_in_Europe_%E2%80%93_FS_01_2021> Greening Internet Governance, Part II – Enabling an Environmentally Sustainable Digital Transformation in Europe <https://eurodigwiki.org/wiki/Greening_Internet_Governance,_Part_II_%E2%80%93_Enabling_an_Environmentally_Sustainable_Digital_Transformation_in_Europe_%E2%80%93_FS_01_2021>, 29 June, 10.30 CEST This 3-hour session is a follow up to the very popular Plenary 4 last year, which initiated EuroDIG’s intersessional project: Greening Internet Governance <https://eurodigwiki.org/wiki/Greening_Internet_governance_%E2%80%93_Environmental_sustainability_and_digital_transformation_%E2%80%93_2020/2021>.

This year, we are bringing back the speakers from Plenary 4, who will be leading the breakout sessions and the initial panel discussion at 10.30 CEST will be introduced by David Jensen (UN Environment Programme) and moderated by Alexandra Lutz (Europarl). The panel includes:
Ilias Iakovidis <https://www.linkedin.com/in/ilias-iakovidis-965b863>, DG-CONNECT, European Commission
Kim van Sparrentak <https://www.europarl.europa.eu/meps/en/197870/KIM_VAN+SPARRENTAK/home>, Member of the European Parliament, Greens/EFA
Ana Petrovska, Director, State Environmental Inspectorate of the Republic of North Macedonia
Marjolein Bot <https://amsterdameconomicboard.com/en/profiel/marjolein-bot>, Lead Energy, Amsterdam Economic Board
Max Schulze <https://www.linkedin.com/in/maxschulze/>, Executive Chairman, Sustainable Digital Infrastructure Alliance
Ugo Vallauri <https://www.linkedin.com/in/ugo-vallauri-b814684/>, Co-Founder and Policy Lead, The Restart Project
This is an important development for the IRPC as we continue to work on Article 4: The Right to Development through the Internet and we delve deeper into the intersections between Human Rights online, environmental sustainability and emerging technologies. This session also marks the start of the Greening Internet Governance work at EuroDIG which will continue over the next few months in the lead up to the IGF 2021.
Join us on Tuesday 29 June, if you have the chance!

Finally another important event is IRPC participation at the Ghana School of Internet Governance (GhanaSIG) on Wednesday 30 June [programme attached]. We are very thankful to IRPC SC member Jacob for representing the IRPC and for highlighting human rights in the digital age with a focus on the IRPC Charter.

Wishing you all a great weekend and see you at EuroDIG gather.town and the Zoom rooms on Monday and Tuesday!

Best,
Minda
[On behalf of the IRPC Steering Committee]