[IRPCoalition] IRPC Steering Committee and Co-Chair Elections 2020

Marianne Franklin m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk
Mon Jan 11 01:16:27 EET 2021

Dear All

Thank you Robert for the nomination, and Deirdre and Wolfgang for
seconding.

Like Raashi, I will send over a statement in the next day or two.

Best wishes and safe new year everyone

Marianne F

On 9/01/2021 6:15 am, Benedek, Wolfgang (wolfgang.benedek at uni-graz.at)
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> it is my pleasure to second the nomination.
>
> Best regards
>
> Wolfgang Benedek
>
> *Von: *IRP <irp-bounces at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org> im
> Auftrag von Robert Bodle <Robert.Bodle at msj.edu>
> *Datum: *Freitag, 8. Jänner 2021 um 16:19
> *An: *"Michael J. Oghia" <mike.oghia at gmail.com>, Deirdre Williams
> <williams.deirdre at gmail.com>
> *Cc: *IRPCoalition <info at irpcharter.org>, IRP
> <irp at lists.internetrightsandprinciples.org>
> *Betreff: *Re: [IRPCoalition] IRPC Steering Committee and Co-Chair
> Elections 2020
>
> Dear all,
>
> I would enthusiastically like to nominate Marianne Franklin for
> Steering Committee Member for 2021-23, and request seconders.
>
> I’d like to take a brief moment to recognize Marianne for her past
> leadership of IRP SC for over a decade: organizing IGF workshops,
> raising the profile of IRPC within IGF Ministerial Meetings,
> spearheading drafting of the Charter of Human Rights and Principles
> for the Internet, coordinating and publishing the multiple
> translations and iterations, championing the Charter in many official
> venues and chambers, drafting recommendations as an Observer for the
> Steering Committee on Media and Information –Council of Europe,
> actively capacity building for our Dynamic Coalition, coordinating
> among other DCs to help lift up all Dynamic Coalitions to support
> Human Rights for all.
>
> I hope Marianne can serve as SC Member once again, in support of our
> chair, Minda, for the upcoming year or so, in order provide
> continuity, and continued expertise, dedication, heart, and soul.
>
> I wish you all solidarity and health in these uncertain times.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Robert Bodle
>
> Former IRPC Co-Chair (2013–2015), Academic, USA
>
> Robert Bodle, Ph.D.
> rofessor
> Communication and New Media Studies
> Mount St. Joseph University
> Cincinnati, OH 45233-1670
> (513) 244-4829
> https://msj.academia.edu/RobertBodle

Professor Marianne Franklin
Convener MA Global Media and Politics
MCCS, Goldsmiths University of London
New Cross
London SE14 6NW
Tel: +44 (0)207 9197072
@GloComm
m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk

Out in early 2021: Sampling Politics: Music and the Geocultural (Oxford University Press)