[IRPCoalition] [DC] Join us on the Statement from DC Core Internet Values

minda moreira mindamoreira at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 9 21:01:58 EEST 2020

Dear all,

Following Olivier's email sharing the Statement from DC- Core Internet Values, I would like add that we have a close relationship with our sister DC- CIV and that the IRPC shares the same values of a free, global, inclusive, user-centered and rights-based Internet. If there are no objections, I would be happy to reply to Olivier and to let the DC-CIV know of this Coalitions' endorsement.

I would suggest editing the last sentence of the point Regional Shutdowns to read along the lines below, to reflect Charter's Article 5 - Freedom of Expression & Information on the Internet:
“Shutdowns infringe basic human rights such as freedom of expression and the right to information with harmful consequences for people's lives.”

Do let me know if you have any other input or general feedback: you can also edit directly the Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oTa7As7hSnrKrERX4sFuV_hkv4y06gP-o6uXbRrQWz8/edit?usp=sharing

Many thanks and best wishes,
Minda