[IRPCoalition] The IRPC at the virtual IGF2020: still time to register!

info at irpcharter.org info at irpcharter.org
Mon Oct 26 21:23:58 EET 2020

Dear all,

I hope this email finds you well. With just a  few hours left to register to attend this year’s virtual Internet Governance Forum, I take this opportunity to invite you to join the IRPC at the IGF.

Our first session will be the annual IRPC meeting:
- Sustainable Internet Governance & the Right to Development <https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2020-sustainable-internet-governance-the-right-to-development>
  Friday, 6 November, 2020 - 13:10 to 14:40 UTC, Room 1

Marianne Franklin is coordinating this year’s meeting, which will include a discussion on Article 4 of the Charter: Right to Development through the Internet. We are very pleased that SC member Rigobert Kenmogne will be joining the discussion alongside former IRPC co-chair  and SC member Hanane Boujemi, Ilias Iakovidis, European Commission, DG Connect - who was part of the Plenary 4 at EuroDIG last June, and Vesna Manojlovic, RIPE NCC.

Michael J Oghia is coordinating our workshop on the brand new Environment track at the IGF:
- WS #266 Sustainable #netgov By Design: Environment & Human Rights <https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2020-ws-266-sustainable-netgov%C2%A0by-design-environment-human-rights>
  Monday, 16 November, 2020 - 14:00 to 15:30 UTC, Room 2

The session, co-organised by IRPC SC members Michael J. Oghia, Mohamed Farahat and Marianne Franklin will look at intersection of human rights and environmental sustainability of the ICTs with Alexandra Lutz, European Parliament, Weronika Koralewska, Civil Society, Poland and Pia Wiche, Private Sector, EcoEd

The IRPC will be participating in the DCs Main Session and our SC member June Parris will be representing the Coalition
- COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on work of DCs
  Wednesday, 11 November, 2020 - 12.30 to 14.00 UTC,  Room 1

Not to be missed is the Main Session on Environment co-moderated by  our SC member Michael J. Oghia:
- IGF 2020 Main Session ENVIRONMENT <https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2020-main-session-environment>
  Monday, 9 November, 2020 - 15:40 to 17:10 UTC, Room 1

This session will explore how technologies are used and developed throughout the world to measure, understand and fight the impacts of climate change and mobilize to keep the globe from warming above 1.5 °C and the panel will include  a representative of the Federal Government of Switzerland, Inge Andersen, UNEP, Lily Botsyoe, Hacklab Foundation, Pablo Hinojosa, APNIC,  Kara Hurst, Amazon and Maya Ormazabal, Telefonica.

Finally, the IRPC will be at the IGF Village, booth #3:
- IGF 2020 Village Booth #3 Internet Rights and Principles Coalition <https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2020-village-booth-3-internet-rights-and-principles-coalition>

I will be back with further details very soon, and I look forward to meeting you online at the IGF.

Best wishes,
Minda