[IRPCoalition] IGF Paris 2018 - Updates on all the IRPC activities there - do join us!

Marianne Franklin m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk
Tue Oct 30 11:12:19 EET 2018

Dear all

This email is to let you all know that the coalition has an exciting,
and busy program of contributions to the upcoming IGF meeting in Paris
12-14th November.

Minda will follow up with the full details as these are currently being
finalized but as a taster, the IRPC will be hosting, with other partners;

- A session on *Rights, Internet governance, and the Environment* (Built
and Natural); here we aim to establish an agenda going forward. Join us,
and others from local governments such as the city of Amsterdam,
Barcelona, and New York along with representatives from Pacific Island
nations and civil society groups addressing the toxicity, and rights
implications of cloud-based services and computer manufacture. \

- A session, continuing our work putting *refugee rights and internet
governance* into these policy discussions, on refugees, rights, and the
online environment where Amnesty international and government
representatives will participate

- A flash session - just announced - on *Human rights and Emerging
Technologies*.

_ And, we can welcome all of you to *our very own booth at the IGF*. You
will not be able to miss that booth as we will be festooning it with the
Charter Booklet and Coalition colours.

IF you plan to be there, in person or remotely, please do not forget to
register by the end of this week; 3rd November.

More details to follow.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Best wishes

MF

--
Marianne Franklin, PhD
Professor of Global Media and Politics

Editor: Human Rights and the Internet Series, openDemocracy
https://www.opendemocracy.net/hri