[IRPCoalition] Fwd: Details on Lightning & Unconference Sessions Now on IGF Website!

Marianne Franklin m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk
Mon Jan 9 16:52:40 EET 2017

Dear all

See below a call-out for feedback on the inclusion of experimental
sessions at the IGF meeting. IRPC co-hosted one of these lightening
sessions to develop discussions we had at the two EuroDIG workshops
<http://eurodigwiki.org/wiki/Category:Accessibility_2016> in Brussels
last year; in Guadalajara participants responded to the question "What
does internet governance have to do with refugees?". It is an exciting
new direction for panel formats and inclusion at the IGF: good practice
too keeping a session to a maximum of 20 minutes. Thanks to all those
who took part on the day.

best wishes for 2017

MF

Dear All,

*A Very Happy New Year from the IGF Secretariat!*

We're pleased to announce that there is now a *dedicated page*
<http://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2016-new-session-formats>on
the IGF website for the *new, experimental session types - lightning and
unconference - that took place at IGF 2016. *As new session organizers
and presenters, we would encourage you all to take a look and please let
the Secretariat know if all information is accurate.

In addition, you will notice on the page that we have started to
*solicit feedback*
<https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2016-new-session-formats-feedback-form#overlay-context=content/new-session-formats>on
the new session formats in order to better organize for next year, and
to help gauge interest/demand for the sessions. If you have a moment, we
would be grateful if you would consider filling out the *feedback form*
<https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2016-new-session-formats-feedback-form#overlay-context=content/new-session-formats>!

*Your input would be incredibly valuable to us. *

We hope you stay in touch throughout the year, and as always, please
feel free to come to us with any questions!

Best wishes,

Eleonora
IGF Secretariat