[IRPCoalition] Fwd: New APC Issue Paper: Taking stock of the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights in the ICT sector

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Thu Jun 30 15:16:29 EEST 2016

Thanks Marianne. We are very pleased with the work done by David. He did
a huge amount of research to produce it. We really want the conversation
about holding companies accountable to continue. We need more of the
type of work that Ranking Digital Rights has done and we need more work
into how accountability frameworks can be made to work.

Based on discussions at the recent OECD meeting it seems pretty clear to
me that we are moving away from an approach - misguided in my view -
that proclaimed that an open internet is an unregulated internet.

That is why we wanted to bring up these principles again and explore how
they can be used.

Anriette