[IRPCoalition] New space for debate on openDemocracy - now live

Marianne Franklin m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk
Mon Jun 13 18:25:01 EEST 2016

Dear IRPC colleagues

(Apologies for any cross-posting)

After some months of work, it is with great pleasure that I can
introduce a new initiative to the list, which has gone live today on
openDemocracy <https://www.opendemocracy.net/>- It is entitled /Human
Rights and the Internet/, and you can enter the series directly at
https://www.opendemocracy.net/hri.

This space brings scholars, activists, artists, techies, and
policymakers together to delve more deeply into the interlocked issues
that fall under this rubric and in so doing continue our shared aim to
communicate scholarly communities with others engaged in this domain.
Feel free to comment and if you would like to contribute let me know.

Thanks to all those from the IRPC and related networks for taking part
in the inaugural page. Watch this space for more news on upcoming articles.

The hashtag is #humanrightsinternet

Best wishes

MF

--
Marianne Franklin, PhD
Professor of Global Media and Politics
Convener: Global Media & Transnational Communications Program
Goldsmiths (University of London)
Department of Media & Communications
New Cross, London SE14 6NW
Tel: +44 20 7919 7072
<m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk>
@GloComm
https://twitter.com/GloComm
http://www.gold.ac.uk/media-communications/staff/franklin/
https://www.gold.ac.uk/pg/ma-global-media-transnational-communications/
Chair of the Global Internet Governance Academic Network (GigaNet)
Steering Committee/Former Co-Chair Internet Rights & Principles Coalition (UN IGF)
www.internetrightsandprinciples.org
@netrights