[IRPCoalition] OECD - what is going on? and what do you need to know?

parminder parminder.js at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 13:52:54 EET 2016

Thanks Carolina for compiling this information.

As global IG civil society preparesin full enthusiasm to participate in
the OECD ministerial on digital economy policy, I would ask what has
become my pet question...

Why would you not support the same model of Internet policy making if
all governments instead of just the 34 richest ones are involved, if the
stakeholder participation processes remain exactly the same as with this
OECD process? (And that would include your native country, Brazil.)

I cant make it simpler.

Can all this enthusiasm notbe considered a pro rich countries approach?
Not something that behoves global civil society, which is supposed to be
on the side of the weaker and marginalised, groups and people.

parminder