[IRPCoalition] New paper on NN and ZR out today

Marianne Franklin m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk
Wed Sep 23 17:29:00 EEST 2015

HI all

Thanks Anriette for sharing this, and the whole team who organized this
event... Just wanted to join the chorus of Thumbs Up for this
initiative: powerful and empowering way of using social media and
incorporating a gender perspective right from the outside on those
techie/rights topics that exercise many of us at present.

Best Practice example of Storify to curate an event on the ground and
online. Really enjoyed reading it too and getting a sense of the African
Continent"s context-specifics of debates around human rights online, NN,
and Zero-Rating..

I assume Selfie Sticks were engaged in those last images...(:))

best
MF

On 22/09/2015 20:26, Mishi Choudhary wrote:
> Thanks Anriette! Indeed very useful. Is there more information about
> arguments presented from different sides?
>
> On 09/22/2015 12:17 PM, Anriette Esterhuysen wrote:
>> Dear Jeanette... different views from the different groups. Probably
>> more contra than pro. Most agreed on the need for more data on potential
>> impacts on competition/open access. No one actively positive.
>>
>> Will send you the statement they compiled.
>>
>> Glance through the Storify to get a sense of some of the views.
>>
>> https://storify.com/APC_News/internet-governance-afrisig2015-gigxafrica
>>
>> Anriette
>>

>> On 22/09/2015 16:30, Jeanette Hofmann wrote:
>>> Hi Anriette,
>>>
>>> on what side are the students coming down, pro or contra zero rating?
>>> jeanette

Marianne Franklin, PhD
Professor of Global Media and Politics
Convener: Global Media & Transnational Communications Program
Goldsmiths (University of London)
Department of Media & Communications
New Cross, London SE14 6NW
Tel: +44 20 7919 7072
<m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk>
@GloComm
https://twitter.com/GloComm
http://www.gold.ac.uk/media-communications/staff/franklin/
https://www.gold.ac.uk/pg/ma-global-media-transnational-communications/
Chair of the Global Internet Governance Academic Network (GigaNet)
Steering Committee/Former Co-Chair Internet Rights & Principles Coalition (UN IGF)
www.internetrightsandprinciples.org
@netrights